"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you!" John 14:18

Our hearts have been burdened for a baby girl in Ethiopia....follow along as we go get her!

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you!" John 14:18

Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's been a month...

This month has felt both long and short.  We see her face all over our house…in a frame, on our computer screens, on our phones…but she is still not here.  Her presence is both felt and absent.  Strange, I know.  I’m not sure if I’ve ever missed someone I’ve never even met so terribly bad! 

We did get news on Tuesday that the courts have reopened after the rainy season in Addis Ababa.  From what we understand, it’s earlier than usual.  The email said that our dossier (paperwork) is now in the court system and we are just waiting (ugh. waiting.) for a court date.  Oh Jesus, please let it be soon! 

I always think about what time of day it is where she is (8 hrs ahead) and wonder what she is doing.  When I go to bed, I wonder if she is waking up and if she slept good. When I fix breakfast, I wonder what she is having for dinner and hope whoever is feeding her is making sweet faces at her.  When I put my babies to bed, I long to be the one who puts her to bed.  When you are pregnant, you know you can’t do all these things for your baby because they aren’t “done” yet…but she is done!

Oh Jesus, please let it be soon!

On a different adoption note....I know a girl.  A very brave girl.  That I love so much.  I'm lucky to know her.  She was unexpectedly pregnant.  She then found out about another woman.  A woman who couldn't have children, although she had been pregnant many time and lost them.  This girl listened to God and held tight to Him.  He told her it was all going to be ok and He blessed both her and the other woman with a baby girl the other day.  I was privileged enough to get to hold that baby, kiss her head, shed a few tears over her beautiful face, and thank God that she is such a blessing to both the 1st and 2nd moms and to me.  I think she may have known my voice after all the conversations I've had with her 1st mom about her.  Oh how I thank the Lord for getting to see this side of adoption.  Today, that baby girl went home with her adoptive parents.  Someday soon, Matt and I are going to be leaving with another woman's baby.  I can only hope and pray that she knows how much I respect her, just like the young girl here that I know, and how much I know she loved my baby girl, just like the young girl here that I know.  Thank you Jesus, for adoption!  For adopting us!  First moms are truly my heros!



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I would be very happy to add you to Ethiopian Adoption Blogs
    http://ethiopianadoptionblogs.blogspot.com

    The AdoptionMusings Site is actually a list of CHSFS forum families.

    Which agency are you using?
    Congratulations on your referral. I hope you hear about a court date very soon!

    ReplyDelete