"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you!" John 14:18

Our hearts have been burdened for a baby girl in Ethiopia....follow along as we go get her!

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come for you!" John 14:18

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas to us!! We got an Embassy date!

On December 23rd, I got the call from Tonya that we had an embassy date...and a fast one!  January 13, 2011....yay!!!  No better gift than to know that Audra Grace Selam Koen is coming HOME for the new year!  Unfortunately, this did not leave much notice with airline tickets, which turned out to be very expensive!  Because of this, Matt (my hero) is going half way around the world all by himself to bring our daughter home.  I am so proud of his willingness to do this, but also incredibly sad that I will not get to go back to Ethiopia.  Who know...this may be the last chance I ever have to go.  But, we are trying to think with our brains and not our hearts and him going without me is the best logical option.  Matt leaves Sunday Jan. 9th and will be home Saturday Jan. 15th.  Please keep us all in your prayers that week, especially Matt and Audra!  For her to handle the adjustment and flight well with her daddy.  I will be a nervous, anxious wreck that week until they are home, but will certainly survive!  I wish I had the appropriate words to let Audra know how excited (that's not even a strong enough word) we are to have her complete our family...the hole in my heart for her will be filled and be whole!  Thank you, Jesus!  He placed this burden on our hearts for adoption, has brought us through this faithfully, and we thank Him for creating her just for us!!!

DADDY IS COMING, BABY GIRL!!!  only 13 more days until you are with him!!!  ....just so you know, you've got the BEST daddy in the world!  he loves you SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment